Thursday, April 15, 2010

Being sick

I have been suffering from asthma attacks in these past days. Last night was really difficult. I called my niece who is a Doctor and she said "Mama, you have to nebulize, buy this and that ... then take anti-histamine." So I made it home, and my other niece Laura came into my room with the nebulizer, taught me how to break open the medicine and squeezed the liquid into the container and connected all the tubes and then asked me to put on the "mask" and turned the nebulizer on.
As I watched her, and kept on hearing the voice of my doctor-niece, I can't help but wonder how these ladies are doing to me what I was doing to them when they were still babies, toddlers, very young children until they were big enough not to need a "Mama" to hold them through their illnesses!
Truly indeed, what you have done to them in the past, they are now doing for you... what a wonderful way LIFE is :)

No comments: