Friday, July 11, 2008

The Earth, indeed, is ROUND (Bilog and Mundo, P're!)


I am home, catching up on sleep and rest.
I came home last night from a meeting with a partner organization that had a change of leadership, the former head of the organization needing a break and a rest, the new one fresh with a "media" mindset.
It was very challenging and very enriching to be part of the group that had their year-end project evaluation (what was done, one thing I was proud of, what was left undone, analyzing why, and my dream for the next year) and then the planning for the next year.
The new leader of the organization was my student at Notre Dame University in my Peace Education class. We thought and talked about it a little but not much... we were caught up with the present day task.
Then, as we closed the day with a mass (yup, this guy is a priest), he ended with a short thanksgiving to me. He said
"I would like to thank our facilitator, she was my teacher at NDU for my Peace Ed class. It was in her class that I was asked to write a script for the drama we had to do on human rights. I never thought I could be a script writer or an actor. It was in her class that I discovered my gift. That gift I carried with me when I went to Midsayap and started my theater group. And that gift I carry with me now as I head the I-Watch, a small community based documentary group supported by my congregation that records community initiatives on issues that impact their lives."
My gosh... the world indeed is round! We do really reap what we sow... I am so proud of my student who is so good in his craft. I am so thankful to the Lord for making me an instrument in his self-discovery.
This lesson is teaching me to be more careful and more conscious of what I teach as it really does impact the lives of people. I am feeling so good and blessed (if I may say so!)
Be well everyone and blessings
Yes Kaloy, I do feel that I am always welcome and part of your BM Family, thank you very much for making me so.
Cy, my Mom's house is just barely above the flood, our old house has been flooded and my worry now is that food is getting scarce - money can buy canned goods but there are hardly any fresh goods as the two main markets downtown are really flooded. I think they have to go to Rosary Heights and Tamontaka to buy some fresh fish and vegies. Thanks for the prayers and kind thoughts. See you on August 12


No comments: